My son loves to snack on some cake or cookies as he often gets hungry between meals. So I always try to bake a healthier version of these not so healthy snacks. This butter cookies recipe is very simple and takes less than half an hour. You can try this when friends are coming for tea or you are just bored with the regular biscuits from the market. I have prepared it with whole wheat flour (atta) instead of plain white flour or maida. But the crunchiness is just perfect.
- Whole wheat flour – 175 gm.
- Oats – 50 gm.
- White flour – 25 gm.
- Sugar – 50 gm.
- Butter – 75 gm.
- Milk – 75 ml.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Put the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, oats in a mixing bowl. Mix it well. Cut the butter into small pieces and add them to the mixture. Pick up some butter and flour sugar mixture and rub them together with the help of your fingers. Let the mixture fall into the bowl. In the process pieces of butter will be getting smaller. Rub the mixture with your fingers until all the butter is mixed well and no lump is left. The mixture will now look like breadcrumbs.
- Turn the microwave on and preheat it at 200 ?.
- Gradually add some milk and start mixing with fingers. Make a dough. If the dough is very dry you can add some milk. But remember it will be enough just to stick together. No need to knead the dough much.
- Now sprinkle some plain flour and roll out the dough until it is very thin. Cut out your desired shapes from it using a cookie cutter.
- Put the cookies on the baking tray and put it into the oven if preheating is completed. Bake it for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- After 15 minutes take out the tray and let the cookies be cool completely before serving.
Bake these cookies for your kids and they will love it. The buttery taste is awesome! This butter cookies recipe is so easy that you can involve your kids in the baking. They will enjoy it. They will love the measuring, mixing and cutting of the cookies in desired shapes. This will be fun and your bonding with them will be stronger this way.
For some easy snacks recipe for your kids check 5 easy, tasty, and healthy snacks ideas.