Whenever my son feels a temptation to have a piece of cake, I have to bake a chocolate cake. He loves chocolate cake so much. Basically, he loves everything chocolatey. So I have to experiment with a wide range of chocolate cakes in which I definitely give a healthy twist always. I try to incorporate fruits and dry fruits in it as much as I can and always substitute refined flour with whole wheat flour. Using fruits like banana helps to reduce the amount of sugar to get the desired sweetness in a cake. So this Chocolate Banana Cake is my favourite also. Most importantly, in this way, I can properly use overripe bananas instead of throwing them away. To give a chocolatey punch I use choco chips besides cocoa powder. It is an easy recipe of the best chocolate banana cake and all moms should give it a try.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE:
Wheat flour – 1 ½ cup
Cocoa powder – ½ cup
Banana – 2 medium-sized
Milk – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Egg – 1
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Walnut (chopped) – 2 tbsp.
Vegetable Oil – ½ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Vinegar – ½ tsp.
Choco chip – 1 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celcius. Place a rack in the centre.
- Blend the bananas and sugar together. Ensure that no lump remains.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
- In a bowl sieve the mixture of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. This process incorporates air and makes the cake fluffy. Add walnut and choco chips.
- In a separate bowl, first, mix milk and vinegar. Then give a whisked egg, blended banana mixture, vanilla essence and oil and stir well to mix them all together.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Combine them by using the cut and fold method. Don’t overmix. The batter will be neither too thick nor too thin.
- Grease the cake tin with oil and pour the batter into it. Tap the tin to spread the batter well so that no gap remains. If the oven is preheated, place the tin into it.
- Bake the cake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to be completely cool.
This wonderful moist and soft chocolate banana cake can be the perfect companion for our afternoon tea. We can serve it as a dessert by frosting with chocolate ganache. Follow this easy recipe to bake the best chocolate banana cake ever and make your little ones happy.
If you are out of ideas to prepare some easy, healthy and tasty snacks or breakfast for your kids, then check the 5 Easy, tasty and healthy snacks ideas.