Generally, kids love to snack throughout the day. So, we have to be a little creative while preparing their snacks. Instead of letting them indulge in chips and other low-nutrient foods, we should lure them with snacks that are tasty as well as full of nutrients. Rich in vitamin, mineral, protein, fiber, and antioxidants, Oats are the healthiest among all the grains. It is the best choice as breakfast cereal for kids to make them feel full for longer. Oats provide a lot of energy and boost up the immune system. At the same time, oats are easy to digest and prevents constipation. I have used these super-nutritious oats as the main ingredient of these healthy chocolate balls for kids. At the same time, antioxidants and other nutrients present in dark chocolate have contributed to its health benefits. Adults also can munch on these healthy energy balls for kids without hesitation as no sugar has been added in these peanut butter protein balls. Whenever kids feel hungry in between meals, you can offer them the goodness of oats with these clean eating energy balls.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE BALLS FOR KIDS:
These yummy chocolate balls or protein balls are healthy delicious treats for people of all ages. When kids are stuck at home during the lockdown, this chocolaty goodness can uplift their mood at once. As quick snacks or healthy desserts, these energy balls for toddlers can beat any other alternatives. We can pack them as healthy snacks for kids at school as well as travel snacks for toddlers. When you are in a hurry and have no time for a proper breakfast you can just munch on a few of these protein balls. The crunchiness of oats, creamy and nutty flavour of peanut butter and decadence of chocolate are incorporated in such a delicious way that you can not stop craving for one more of these healthy chocolate balls.
HEALTHY PROTEIN BALLS RECIPE:
The super easy and quick snack healthy protein balls recipe requires only 4 ingredients.
INGREDIENTS: Make 12 protein balls
Oats – 1 cup
Dark chocolate – 100 gm
Honey – 2tbsp
Peanut Butter – 2 tbsp
METHOD OF MAKING HEALTHY CHOCOLATE BALLS FOR KIDS:
- First, dry roast the oats in a pan for 7-8 minutes on low flame. Stir continuously as the oats don’t get burnt.
- Cool the oats completely.
- Now grind the oats coarsely.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, honey, and peanut butter together.
- Make small balls out of the mixture. If it is too dry and does not hold together, then add some peanut butter or honey. You can decide after checking the sweetness.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave it for 30 seconds.
- Now roll the prepared peanut butter protein balls in melted chocolate so that they put on a thick coating. Place them on a greased (with butter) plate.
- Put the plate into the refrigerator for two hours.
- Your healthy chocolate energy balls are ready. In an air-tight container, you can stock them for 5-6 days.
If you are looking for any recipe with chocolate, then try my Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe.
You can also check for super easy and quick recipe of Butter Cookies for your kids.