Mother’s Day will be celebrated on May 10, 2020. This year, most of us will be separated from our Moms due to the Covid-19 issue. Those who have the opportunity to spend this day with their moms can celebrate the way they like. Baking cakes for them or cooking their favourite menu is the most loving way to show that “we care”. But for someone like me, who is thousands of kilometers away from mom can do nothing except fondly remember her contribution in my life. The sacrifices she has made, the countless hardships she has faced to establish me in the place where I am today – everything portrays the indomitable spirit of a mother. But somehow, I think I should have been more sensitive or more grateful for her contribution.
Today, I am away from my mom and the situation has become such that whatever happens, I can’t be with her by any means. This thought is so alarming that it makes me depressed every now and then. All I can do is pray to the Almighty for her good health and mental peace. I am eagerly waiting for the lockdown to be lifted so that I can be by my mom’s side. I want to go to her so badly. I want to give her a hug and tell her how relaxed I am to be there. This pandemic has taught me so many things, so many harsh realities about life. It has also made me take some resolutions which I would follow whenever I am with my mom in the future. This Mother’s Day, I want to just recapitulate those points.
- I will not argue with her on any topic. If I get into any, I will apologize and tell her how much I love her.
- Whenever she sits beside me, I will be talking to her. I’ll keep aside the phone or turn off the TV then.
- Compliment her for the food she will prepare for me and make her proud by saying that nobody can beat her in cooking.
- I will wear the dresses of her choice when I am there with her.
- I will do all the household chores for her without any sign of tiredness.
- Whatever she does, I will not complain. By any means, I will not make her sad.
- I will appreciate everything she has done for us. Once again I will give her the credit for every good thing that happened to us.
- It will be my priority to make her realize how we need her guidance to sail through the waves of motherhood. So, she should not be so indifferent about her own well-being.
- Grandchildren are the most loved ones for any senior person. So I will encourage my son to spend more quality time with my mother. This will make her happy.
- In our next visit, we will spend the time together with all our family members. We will enjoy ourselves a lot by shopping, dining out, and going on a small trip.
Cards, flowers, cakes, or any gifts can make moms happy on this day. But we children should be more thankful to our moms. They work relentlessly for our well-being. But sometimes we take all their effort for granted and forget to appreciate them. Our love, care, support, and appreciation are all that matter to them. We don’t have to do big things to make our mothers happy. We can make her smile by doing small things only. Just understanding and giving value to their feelings is enough. We have to make them feel important in our lives. Love her, respect her and always be grateful to her.
Happy Mother’s Day !!! I Love You, Maa !!!