Rather than making speculations about what more is waiting for us in 2020, let’s do something different. We all want to take pride in our accomplishments. What if we embrace failure as well? All of us have experienced failure at some point in our lives. But we want to overlook and forget that phase as quickly as possible. But, these failures are the best way to learn and discover new ways to succeed. They help us to analyze what exactly we have missed out to be the chosen one. Moreover, if we know how to handle failure, it will help us to explore a new direction, an alternative path to a new beginning.
Therefore, as parents, we should not be overprotective to our children so that they can not handle the inevitable failures and their resultant disappointments in life. We will be able to make our children succeed in life only when we overcome the fear of failures and embrace them happily. Parents should not pressurize the kids to be winners all the time. Instead, we should teach them how to deal with failure at any stage of life like a boss.
LET’S HELP OUR KIDS TO LEARN HOW TO FAIL SUCCESSFULLY:
1. TEACH TO TOLERATE IMPERFECTION:
Any child is the top priority of his parents. Parents leave no stone unturned to make the child happy. Sometimes, this makes a kid develop an expectation that everything around him would be perfect all the time. He can not tolerate anything that does not go exactly his way. So, we have to be careful so that kids develop the ability to tolerate imperfection. It will make him more independent and successful in all aspects of life, including dealing with others.
2. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT:
Being there beside your kid at a failure, is the best way to teach him how to handle failure. Don’t give him punishment or shout at him for his failure. At the same time, don’t criticize him or his efforts. Instead, empathize with him by appreciating his efforts. Make him understand that whatever happens, your unconditional love and support is always there for him. Don’t make failure an issue. Behave normally and move on. It will protect the kids from the guilt of failure.
3. LEARN FROM MISTAKES:
Teach your child to learn from the mistakes. Make him understand how we can learn a lesson from every mistake. Repeated errors and corrections in a subject can make anyone master that subject. So, next time don’t rebuke or punish your child for his failure. On the other hand, teach him how to fail successfully.
4. MAKE YOURSELF THE MODEL:
Share your story when a failure made you strong and determined to perform well in the next test in your school. Explain that everyone has a fair share of failure in his life. This will help the kids to realize how to handle failure in exams. Don’t feel ashamed to share your disappointment at losing out a promotion in your workplace. This way, kids learn that it is very much normal to have frustrations and disappointments in life.
5. DON’T OVERPRAISE:
Kids who are habituated with praise and compliments, cannot accept negative feedback. Contrarily, failure and disappointments can be helpful for the kids. Because it teaches them how to handle failure in life. It would help the kids to develop problem-solving skills and emotional resilience. There should be a place for an effort always. In this way, kids can think creatively to design the new path of success through hard work.
6. ENCOURAGE TO TRY NEW THINGS:
Overprotective parents don’t allow kids to try new things. Before attaining the age when kids are introduced to the idea of success and failure, encourage them to explore as many things as they can. We have to let them indulge in different types of sports also. No matter what the outcome is, the sportsman spirit will help your kids learn how to handle fear of failure by this. At the same time, it will help them to find their true passion.
7. TEACH HONESTY & DETERMINATION:
Failures and setbacks are inevitable in life. We have to teach our children to be honest with their mistakes. Our kids should not live carefully to avoid failure, rather they would learn how to fail successfully. They must confront their mistakes boldly and try to realize what actually went wrong. They have to learn from the mistakes and make the necessary adjustments to be successful in the next step. A strong determination to be successful can motivate anyone to learn how to deal with failure at work.
“ I haven’t failed, I’ve just found 10000 ways that won’t work” – This quote from Edison is the most wonderful example of perseverance. Perseverance teaches us to accept failure as a learning tool, an inevitable part of the success process. When we fail in exams we try to find a new strategy, a new study routine. When we fail in a business venture, we research what went wrong and calculate our next step accordingly. So, we have to teach perseverance to our children to inspire them not to give up and handle all types of failures in life like a boss.
9. MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES ON HOW TO DEAL WITH FAILURE:
Encourage your child to read motivational quotes after waking up in the morning or at any other time of the day. The words will stay with him for a long time and affect how he thinks, acts and reacts. When we are feeling low, or going through a difficult situation, motivational quotes inspire and encourage us a lot. The words of other people who have achieved something great in life can uplift your kid’s spirit and teach him how to handle failure in life. Motivation, inspiration, hope, optimism, happiness, wisdom – these quotes will help kids to be enriched with all these positive attributes of life. Consequently, they will master the art – how to deal with failure and disappointment in life.
21 HOW TO DEAL WITH FAILURE QUOTES:
- “Failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success. – Anonymous
2. “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie?” – Marilyn Monroe
3. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
4. “I haven’t failed, I’ve just found 10000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Alva Edison
5. “ Failures are part of life. If you don’t fail, you don’t learn. If you don’t learn, you’ll never change.” – Anonymous
6. “ The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fail” – Anonymous
7. “Successful people don’t fear failure, but understand that it is necessary to learn and grow from” – Robert Kiyosaki
8. “ Failure is another stepping stone to greatness” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “ Failure is nothing more than a chance to revise your strategy” – Anonymous
10. “ It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure” – Bill Gates
11. “ The secret of life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” – Paulo Coelho
12. “ Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
13. “ Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.” – Chinese proverb
14. “ Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail – Confucius
15. “ Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
16. “ It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J.K. Rowling
17. “ Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
18. “ Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
19. “ When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” – Eloise Ristad
20. “ A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing.” – George Bernard Shaw
21. “ Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy