For some unknown reasons, we find it easier to love others than to love ourselves. But when you start loving yourself, everything starts changing in your life. Your relationships and career change when you become your own best friend. If you don’t love yourself and don’t understand yourself, you would be confused and frustrated in your life. Because it is only you who will be with yourself till the end and would console and appease your heart in all adversities of life. When you start loving yourself, you become more self-confident, and you become able to nurture a positive attitude towards life. In this way, life becomes more meaningful to you, and it becomes easier to handle your relations, the people around you, and the happenings in your life. So we all must practice self- love to be happy in life. When we start loving ourselves with new determination, we don’t compare ourselves with others, and this makes us happy and confident.
HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF MORE:
1. KEEP DISTANCE FROM TOXIC PEOPLE:
To practice self- love, we have to surround ourselves with supportive people. The persons who actually love you, appreciate you, and most importantly, accept you as you are, help you to love yourself more. On the other hand, the people who always try to criticize you and demean you, hurt your self-confidence. Consequently, you fail to recognize your own self-worth and start neglecting yourself. So, getting away from toxic people is the first step to start loving yourself. To go through the bad phases of life, keep in touch with family members, true friends, and well-wishers.
2. LEARN TO SAY “NO” :
Sometimes, the inability to say “ No” leaves us stressed and uncomfortable. Most of the time, we fear to say no to something we really don’t want to do. We do it because we worry too much about what people would say. We don’t want to tangle with any controversy in our life. So, we try to portray an artificial image. This creates unnecessary pressure on us, and we become disgusted on ourselves only. Anyone who practices self-love can avoid unwanted things and persons in a dignified manner.
3. SPEND EXCLUSIVE ” ME-TIME” REGULARLY:
If you can’t think of how to start loving yourself, then you must spend some time alone. This me-time gives you the opportunity to get relaxed from the hustle-bustle of everyday life. It also helps you to think about your purpose in life, your progress so far, and what more you want to do. It helps you to become comfortable with your true self without any outside influence. Just be alone with your thoughts or let your creativity get sparked in solitude. Set free your imagination or follow your passion. It helps you to reduce stress, and a sense of satisfaction would inspire you to love yourself more than ever before.
In addition to this, don’t forget to pamper yourself. Take care of your health, beauty, diet, and even your little desires. When you start feeling better about everything in yourself, inevitably, it would make you love yourself.
So, for those who still think self-love is selfish, I have made a collection of “how to love yourself quotes”. These wonderful quotes would inspire you to love yourself more than before with new determination. These self-love quotes would lift up your spirit when you are feeling low or cursing yourself for some uncomfortable situation.
HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF QUOTES:
- “ Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” – Thaddeus Golas
- “ You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” – Maya Angelou
- “ Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “ You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.” – Unknown
- “ Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.” – Jerry Corsten
- “ You have to love yourself because no amount of love from others is sufficient to fill the yearning that your soul requires from you. “ – Dodinsky
- “ Nobody can make you happy until you’re happy with yourself first.” – Unknown
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
- “ The relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” – Jane Travis
- “ As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are, what others say is irrelevant.” – Nic Sheff
- “ You were born to be real, not to be perfect. You are here to be you, not to live someone else’s life.” – Ralph Marston
If you are a busy mom and sometimes situations make you feel that you are living for others, then here are some tips for you to be a happy mom.