After returning from the playground or the coaching classes most children crave for some afternoon snacks. Moms always want to offer something that is healthy and at the same time can be prepared easily with the simple ingredients available in the kitchen. Here is an easy and healthy snack recipe for the kids that moms can give a try. Kids will love its cheesy flavour surely.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS HEALTHY SNACK RECIPE:
Semolina – 1 cup
Grated boiled potato – 2(medium)
Grated cheese – ½ cup
chopped coriander leaves – 1tbsp.
Oregano – ½ tsp.
Chilli flakes – ½ tsp.
Rice powder – 2 tbsp.
Salt (as per your taste)
Water – 1 ½ cup
Oil for frying
- First turn on the gas and put a kadhai on it. Pour the water and let it be warmed.
- Pour the semolina into the water slowly while stirring it continuously. Make sure no lump is formed. Keep the gas on medium flame and stir the semolina.
- Mix the grated potato well with the semolina.
- Add the rice powder and salt as per your taste and mix well. The rice powder will give a crispy texture to the tikkis. You can add cornflour instead of rice powder.
- Now add the coriander leaves, oregano and chilli flakes and mix everything well. Turn off the gas now.
- Mix the grated cheese and let the mixture be cool a little.
- Grease a tray with little oil and transfer the mixture into it. Spread it evenly on the tray with the help of a spatula. Put it on the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take out the tray and cut the mixture into little tikkis. You can cut the tikkis into your desired shape.
- Put a frying pan on the gas and heat the oil for frying. Once the oil is hot fry the tikkis till they turn golden brown.
- Serve them hot with tomato sauce.
- You can store the uncooked tikkis in the freezer for 3-4 days. Whenever needed, take it out and fry.
This healthy snack recipe for kids can bring a smile on the face of your tea time guests also. The crispy, crunchy outside with yummy cheesy inside make the tikki an all-time favourite.
To know about more easy and quick snacks recipes for your kids, check 5 easy, tasty, and healthy snacks ideas.